Here is a maintenance guide for all customers to keep your systems in tip top shape:
- Fire Alarm tests – we always recommend completing your tests on a Tuesday morning, make sure you fill in your log book!
- Monitoring key holder details – People come and go within businesses and it isn’t always a priority to change any details with the monitoring station or your alarm company. Just double check all the details are right, then if an event does happen at least the correct people will be contacted.
- Fire exit plan – do all your members of staff know the evacuation plan should a fire break out? Perhaps take a little time to make sure and check everyone knows how to safely leave the building in the event of a fire.
- CCTV – Can you see clear images from your cameras? It maybe the time to have a spring clean of those lenses, or even give us a call for a service.
- Fire Extinguishers – have they been serviced? All fire extinguishers need servicing every year, perhaps it is the fact that you are just returning to work and they maybe overdue. just check the dates on the label and make sure everything is up to date with them.
- Documentation – Please keep all checks recorded, whether it be your weekly testing of the fire alarm, monthly checks of the emergency lighting or even visual inspections of extinguishers, this all needs recording and keeping safe.
Should you need any help with any fire alarm, emergency lighting or security system issue we are on hand to help. Just give us a call on 01226 337898.